The School Council operates under the authority of the School Education Act. The Council comprises the Principal, two elected staff members, the elected member of the P & C, two elected members of the parent body, and one member of the general community selected from a list of nominees at the beginning of the school year. Meetings dates to be advised. A Public Meeting will be held in Term 4.
The functions of the School Council are to:
- Take part in establishing and reviewing the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- Take part in the planning of financial arrangements necessary to fund these objectives, priorities and directions;
- Take part in evaluating the school’s performance in achieving these objectives, priorities and directions,
- Promote the school in the community;
- Take part in formulating codes of conduct for students;
- To determine, in consultation with students, their parents and staff of the school, a dress code for students when they are attending or representing their school;
- Be consulted regarding a general policy concerning the curriculum which must not promote any particular religious practice, denomination or sect, any particular political party, any commercial goods, product or service or the case of a party to an industrial dispute;
- Be consulted with regard to the amount of time allowed for special religious education;
- Approve the charges and contributions for the provision of certain materials, services and facilities;
- Approve the extra cost of optional components of educational programs;
- Approve the items that are to be supplied by a student for the student’s personal use in the educational program.
The Council cannot
- Intervene in the educational instruction of students.
- Exercise authority over teaching staff or other persons employed at the school.
- Intervene in the management or operation of a school fund.
School Council Meetings
|Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Term 4|
|Week 4 |
Tuesday 21st Feb
Tuesday 16th May
Tuesday 8th August
Tuesday 31st Oct
Tuesday 21st March
Tuesday 13th June
Tuesday 5th Sept
Tuesday 28th Nov